1. Figured out what to do with this:
|I love the colours in real life|
Last October our guild invited Margie Davidson up from Edmonton to teach her "Add A Stripe" workshop. We learned so many interesting ways to use striped fabric. This was what my brain came up with that day.
It's been languishing on a design wall ever since.
At one point I sewed some fabric to it.
Yesterday I ripped that fabric off again...what the hell was I thinking??? Seriously. What. The. Hell.
I then got busy and put pen to paper (should have used pencil, but why do things the easy way?) and came up with a design.
Here it is, in progress:
|"Electric Stripes", under construction|
Tonight it is finished and ready to quilt, but I'm not going to show you any more until it is stitched. There is a lot of "blank" space at the moment, but the quilting will take care of that.
Next goal is to have it ready to show in our guild's annual "hanging" in the library. In November. Is it the last minute yet??
2. Finished piecing my most recent circle quilt
|You remember this guy? I love how it looks with sashing in place.|
No photo to share yet, but I promise: it's also ready to quilt. The backing is also pieced and ready to go.
3. Used fabric from my stash, and ONLY from my stash.
This has been my ongoing "Challenge To Self" for a while now.
|My lovely stash|
One would think this challenge would be easy. Nope. It is definitely a challenge.
How I've met the challenge this month:
- Used almost every scrap of the purple I've hoarded for about four years. I have just enough left over to bind a project I started, well, four years ago...
- Used the remains of a charm pack and some white yardage to make this scrappy churn dash
|Yep, those are my feet. Don't you sew in your housecoat?|
- Used some fat quarters that I won two years ago, some from my drawers, and a chunk of left over pink yardage to make the Circle Pizzazz quilt.
I raided my mother`s stash for border fabric, and I bought minky for the backing, so I kind of cheated a bit to "get er done", but I'm okay with that. It is bound and finished.
- Used the pink fabric cut away during the making of circle pizzazz in the latest circle quilt. In fact, that's the reason the circle quilt came to be....couldn't waste all that good fabric!
- Finished TWO baby quilts, and my "Stars n Spurs" kaleidoscope quilt using yardage scrounged from my cupboard. A left over chunk of extra-wide backing fabric was a lucky find. It's amazing what turns up when it's needed!
Not too shabby!
Try, Learn, Grow!