The Library Project Quilt Along & Fabriholic's Anonymous!

I'm so excited to have found The Library Project Quilt Along!

The LPQA involves choosing at least four projects from books, magazines, or patterns in one's personal quilting library with the intention of finishing them over the course of the quilt along.

Brilliant!

My picks will have to wait until tomorrow when I get home from the city so I can look through my library and narrow down my choices. <I'm home now, so the following has been edited and updated>

Finishing UFO's is still a priority, so I'm limiting my Library Project list to four.


These are my choices:

1. Create Your Own Free Form Quilts, by Rayna Gillman

This is a design and technique book, so the challenge will be the design process.
The fact that this scares me a little is a sign that I need to jump in and do it!



2. Journey to Inspired Art Quilting, by Jean Wells

This is another design book, so will require the same intense process as number one.
Gulp.





The inspiration photo and fabric swatches for my "inspired" art quilt



3. Quilting Wide Open Spaces, by Judi Madsen

The piecing will be straightforward, it's the quilting that scares the stuffing out of me!


4. and...a simple scrappy quilt that's been on my "want to do" list for a year.



You may have noticed that all four projects involve the use of scraps...all part of my master plan to use what I have.


Wish me luck!

(This really will be a time to take the leap and Try, Learn, Grow!)

Carole 

P.S. My name is Carole, and I'm a FABRIHOLIC.

For about a year I've focussed on using up my stash instead of purchasing fabric for my projects.
(Stash busting post)

Well, this year I am making a pledge to continue with that, and more!

 I promise to:

  1.  Use the fabric in my stash, forsaking all others
  2. Finish UFO's without following the lure of new fabrics...although, I am me so I will continue starting new projects. I just won't buy fabric for them.
  3. Stop the insanity of buying the latest and greatest fabric
  4. Save the money I would have spent on fabric
  5. RELEASE the fabrics I realize I am never going to use

To view the complete set of rules for this pledge, use the Fabriholics button in the side bar to hop over to the host. Maybe you will be inspired to join in!

 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Thanks for joining along with TLP Carole! Can't wait to see the rest of our picks! I am fabric fasting this year too. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting TLP - what a great idea. I'm excited to dive right in!

      Delete
  2. I really liked that peek at your quilt journal with inspiration and fabric swatches. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy. I'm excited to get started, but I daren't yet. If I do, everything else will be dumped and become my next set of UFO's!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.