Accountability and Motivation

My list of UFO's is HUGE, but I'm often seized by the urge to try something new right now! 

I'm okay with that.

I tend to lose sight of my accomplishments, though, because my "To Do" list never shrinks. It just shifts.

So...For accountability & motivation, I've documented my UFO's here:
Construction Zone
Long Arm UFO's

I've also linked up with a variety of "linky parties". Deadlines are a very good thing.

Today I'm linking up with Fresh Sewing Day over at Lily's Quilts and A Stitch in Time at Such a Sew and Sew to show my January finishes.

Tasks Completed in January:


Finished piecing this top (it's next up for quilting).
Not Your Grandmother's Log Cabin

My oldest UFO, abandoned after my first piecing class.
Piecing now finished.

This TOTALLY counts as a finish!
Cleaned and organized my sewing space.

Finished preparing strip sets for an upcoming kaleidoscope workshop.

Pieced and finished this charity quilt using blocks and bits supplied by guild members.

Finished this sweet, flannel baby quilt.

Made this modern baby to send off to our nieces.
They are expecting their first baby in May!


Finished a couple of pesky chores, like adding a hanging sleeve, and making a dog bed from an old practice piece.





I feel like I can breathe in my space again. 


Not only have I cleared it physically, but cleaning up old UFO's and nagging tasks has cleared it emotionally.

Listing UFO's has allowed me to SEE them and give them the attention they deserve. Making myself accountable by going public has been a powerful motivation to get them checked off the list!

How do you motivate yourself to finish what you start?

Try, Learn, Grow!

Carole

I welcome your comments...thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. Great job Carol! I try to hang newly finished projects around the studio for a bit to remind myself how nice finishes are! Believe me, this year I am determined not to have a single UFO left. Love your colors, so bright! Cheery! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like that idea. I'll have to start doing that, too.
      Determination and motivation are the dynamic duo, so you are already half way done, I'd say! Thanks for stopping by, and good luck!

      Delete
  2. My goodness what wonderful quilts and so many fabulous finishes! I just LOVE the Not Your Grandmother's Log Cabin, it's stunning. The pattern is amazing and I love those fabrics. Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! The log cabin quilt has been on my radar for some time, now. It was fun to piece. Next week I'm hoping to get it quilted and bound. :)

      Delete
  3. Well done on cleaning your space!! I know how much of an accomplishment that is. I find its always good to out yourself with WIPs. no better motivation!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It seems to get me moving forward, anyway. Thanks so much for stopping in. :)

      Delete
  4. Organisation definitely counts, it's a major task in this house! I love your log cabin quilt, it looks really intricate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a major task here, too, but I've only myself to blame! Thank you, the log cabin was a fun piecing challenge.

      Delete
  5. I love the Not Your Grandmother's Log Cabin quilt! Fantastic! I came over from the small blog meet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, Heather. I enjoyed poking around both of your blogs, too! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! Congratulations on all the progress you made in January! In the past, when I was overwhelmed with UFO's, I did the same thing. I listed them out and organized them by stage: in progress, needs borders, needs quilting, needs binding. It really helped me stay focused AND every month, I re-tallied to see my progress. Keep it up! You can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like a good idea to revisit the list on a regular basis and see where I'm at. I shall figure out a system for that asap! Thanks, Kristin!

      Delete
  7. Love the Not Your Grandmother's Log Cabin quilt! Beautiful! You have been very busy! Your sewing space is looking pretty awesome and organized. Can't wait to see more of your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! Getting organized has helped my room be much more functional, that's for sure. It feels good in there again. :)

      Delete
    2. That urge to try something new now seizes me a lot too. If only there were more hours in the day, right?

      Your donation quilt is beautiful, as is the pretty pink flannel baby quilt. I think my favorite is the last one, though. The colors and quilting in that Modern Baby quilt are amazing.

      And speaking of amazing, that Not Your Grandmother's Log Cabin is fantastically amazing! I love the colors! And so is your organized sewing space. Well done! And thank you for linking up!

      xo -E

      Delete
    3. Thanks for popping over for a look around, Elizabeth! Thanks, also, for your warm praise and encouragement. Yes, sometimes I do wish there were more hours in a day, but then I KNOW I'd have even MORE projects on the go! Ha! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.