Anything Goes Monday

"Scrappy Plus" is on the design wall today.

Patches thrown up on the wall to make a start.

Rearranging and adding "plus signs" is an enjoyable process. Before I knew it, half the day was gone!


About a quarter of the quilt...
My design wall is too small for this project, so I pulled out the masking tape and made a temporary extension.


At Anything Goes Monday, hosted by Stitch by Stitch, folks are sharing their current work. As long as it involves fiber (quilting, sewing, knitting, crochet), anything goes! Just for fun, jump over and have a snoop around. There is a guest host this week, so I've linked straight to the party at Serger Pepper. Use the button in my side bar to visit Stitch by Stitch and join Anything Goes Mondays.

Flip & Rip:

Last night I blazed through a couple of stacks of magazines, flipping pages like a madwoman, and ripping as I went. This circle purse really caught my eye!

This pile of pages will be sorted into binders as described in yesterday's post.
So much inspiration. So many projects. So...I'd better get busy!

Try, Learn, Grow

Carole

Added on Wednesday: This is still my work in progress, so I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday today. 

Linking up with Fabric Frenzy Friday.

Comments are welcome! Thanks so much for stopping by.

Comments

  1. Found your blog through a comment you left on mine. I love your use of purple in this plus quilt! And I also saw your "not your grandmother's log cabin" quilt and it's stunning! What an awesome pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel!
      I felt very thrifty making the log cabin quilt...I already owned the 60 degree ruler, and had previously bought a stack of fat quarters on special. All I needed was the book, so naturally I HAD to make one! (Any excuse to start a new project will do! Ha!)
      Thanks for popping over!

      Delete
  2. Love the colors in your scrappy plus. The balance of pop color is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Scrappy quilts are quite a "balancing act", aren't they? Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete
  3. Wow! What bold beautiful colors . . . so rich. A continuous plus quilt is on my list of to do's. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This has been trickier to lay out than I thought it would be - such a simple concept has me scratching my head and concentrating to get the squares in all the right places! Good brain game. :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to see your plus quilt finished! Love the colors and fabric - let's just say I am a little partial to batiks. . . some would say a batik snob LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also love batiks for their rich, deep colours and the way they feel after they are washed. Mm mmm mmm! Delicious!

      Delete
  5. I love, love, love your plus quilt in progress! It sure is nice to have a design wall to help keep things in order. Looking good! That purse is quite intriguing, too. I have never made a tote or purse.... yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lorna! My "design wall" is very makeshift, but it works! It's a chunk of Styrofoam covered with some weird, poly batting I found in my cupboard from wayyy back. I don't like the poly because nothing sticks. Next time I'll throw my flannel sheet on the board instead. The Styrofoam is light and easy to move. It migrates around my basement, depending on what I'm doing.

      Delete
  6. I love the colors in your quilt. What are you planning for the finished size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea. :) The squares will finish at 2" each, and I have cut 157 sets of plus signs. My plan is to make a lap quilt. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  7. Oh, I love plus quilts and yours is looking wonderful, Carole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katherine! This is my favourite colour combo, so I am really enjoying laying out the plus signs.

      Delete
  8. I love your version of the plus quilt! The colors are great and work well with each other! You did a lovely job! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Would love for you to stop by tomorrow and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Lindsey! I appreciate your kind words, and I'll see you at the linky party on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.