March Goals

1. Dill

This piece has been hanging around since its inception in 2009. 

I had developed the design in a class, and constructed the background, but when I got home the project stalled out.

Finally following my own vision - yay!

The instructor had a different style than mine and was guiding me to follow her voice instead of my own.

Things came to a grinding halt. The excitement was gone, and I was seriously doubting myself.

Over the years I made two more attempts to forge ahead with the instructor's vision, but just couldn't do it. It wasn't coming from my authentic self, so I didn't like anything I tried.

I cut hundreds of tiny pieces to applique, but they all ended up in the garbage.

Following my own vision.

This summer I went back to my original plan of making my dill progress from yellow through yellow-green, and green, to blue-green as the design expands from the center, out.

Miracle of miracles, now I want to finish it!

Free-motion zigzag in progress.
This has moved to the top of my "to do" list. Today I started stitching the applique.

2. Library Project Quilt Along (2nd quarter project)

In April I'm taking a two-day workshop with Judy Madsen of Green Fairy Quilts!!!! In preparation I've decided to tackle one of the projects from her new book, Quilting Wide Open Spaces.

I'd like to get this pieced and quilted by the end of March. Gulp.

Umm, maybe this will shrink and become a baby quilt?
We'll see.
Okay, so that should take the rest of the month all by itself!!!! EEK. 

3. Kool Kaleidoscope

This is the month for our Guild sponsored workshop with Kim Caskey. We will be making Ricky Tims inspired kaleidoscope quilts.


Fortunately my strip sets are ready to go, so my March goal will be to piece the quilt.


4. Clean instead of quilt.    Drat.

I'll be hosting Kim's visit, so probably need to pay some attention to the state of the house before she arrives. Wouldn't want the dust bunnies to attack. Might be a good idea to give her a nice, clean bed, too! And prepare some food. Maybe I should start today...

That's enough for this list! Any other accomplishments will just be "gravy".


Stay tuned. There will be plot twists, I'm sure!


Linking up with:


BitterSweet Designs for the March Goal Party (A Lovely Year of Finishes)


Try, Learn, Grow!

Carole

Comments are delightful! Please add your voice to the mix. Thanks so much for looking around!


Comments

  1. I loooove your Dill quilt top! Vert artistic! I don't have a clue what the instructor wanted you to do but I am so glad you followed your vision through. It's going to be a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel soooo much better now that I'm doing just that. It's very freeing to listen to one's inner voice. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. You are so ambitious this month! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try! It's the housework that scares me the most - ha! Well, maybe that's not true. It's the quilting on my library project that makes my knees knock... but it also lights me up, so I've gotta do it!

      Delete
  3. Good for you following your voice!!! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that inner voice that provides the spark to tackle a challenge, isn't it? At least, that's what gets me going. Thanks for the good luck! I may need it!

      Delete
  4. Super cool to hear you are not giving up on your dill project. I hope it is everything you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! At one point it crossed my mind to throw the whole thing in the garbage, but I liked the design too much. Now I'm glad I kept it, and am excited to see it through.

      Delete
  5. I really like your dill quilt Carole, it's a great design. When you follow your own path wonderful things can happen. I admire you for setting goals, it is really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marsha. :) When I made samples for the store, those were my goals. Now that my time is my own, I have a million projects and ideas of my own. Goals help me narrow down my choices and move forward!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.