Monday Moments

Harmony quilt aka Crazy Impulse Quilt = Two rows pieced, and 3 to go. 
Each diamond edge will fold back and become a curve. Stitching the curves will be done during quilting, and I'm anxious to see if I can manage it on the longarm!


Guild Challenge = couldn't sleep in the middle of the night, so drew my pattern and narrowed my fabric selection. I am ready to make the first cut!


Customer quilt on the frame = ripping out a whole row of stitches. :-(
The client requested wild roses, if possible. I drew up a panto, but it didn't work out. There is a considerable amount of fullness to "work in" on this quilt, and this panto did not capture the fabric the way I'd hoped. 
Five hours of ripping, and I'm almost half way there. Rippit. Rippit. 



Once the roses are gone I will use a panto that will swirl and encompass excess fabric much better. You know...the one I shoulda used in the first place! I was rootin' for the roses, but the quilt has other ideas. Dammit.

Please send good wishes my way tomorrow. I'll be hunched over the frame, seam ripper in hand, wishing I'd listened to my gut in the first place...

Linking up with:
Anything Goes Monday, at Stitch by Stitch
Design Wall Monday, at Patchwork Times

Try, Learn, Grow!
Carole

P.S. Please visit my friends Hannele and Margaret for their Around the World blog hop posts!

Comments are welcome and will be answered by email where possible. Thanks for looking around!

Comments

  1. Ripping is never fun! Sorry you have to do that Carole. We've all done it, and it's live and learn, right? And, you drew out your own pantograph? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that is the part of learning process, not fun but necessary :( It's peculiar how one's mind works: sometimes it gets stubbornly stuck with an idea eventhough an inner voice tells otherwise. On the other hand you have to follow your heart and not leave something unripped if you are not happy with it - and by the time you read this you have already done the ripping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! Good luck and stand up and stretch your back regularly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely be thinking of you as you seam rip. Hang in there - I hope the end is in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 1 block I have to rip out and I'm dreading it. I can't imagine having to do more. Next time go w/your gut Carole. Listen to a good audio book while you do it, then the task won't seem so daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also I luv brown & blue butterfly AND your challenge fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you the best. Can't wait to see how the first quilt comes off the frame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a bummer about the roses and the ripping Carole. Harmony is coming along very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel for you, ripping out is my most hated thing! Your harmony quilt sounds really interesting, looking forward to seeing how that comes off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, no! Say it isn't so! An entire row? Blech. My heart sunk when I read that. Easing in fullness is the pits. You deserve a Spa Day after this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stitch ripping is such fun! I love the colours in your Crazy Impulse Quilt and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the guild challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.