A Goal & A Show!

The Goal

My goal for October's "A Lovely Year of Finishes" linky party is to finish my guild challenge. Quilted. Faced. Ready to hang!


There. I've said it. Now I HAVE to do it!

First, though, I'm working on this beautiful Buggy Barn quilt pieced by Margaret. It will be her (generous!) donation to the Festival of Trees, an annual fundraiser held by our local women's shelter. I'm happy to do my part by donating the quilting.

Stitching in the Ditch around each block gave me time to think about my next step.
So far, I've stitched in the ditch around the blocks and filled the border with a fun, swirly vine.

Swirly vine in progress
Next, I'll fill the stars with swirls. After that? I'd like to say I have a plan, but at the moment I just have possibilities.

Before loading the Buggy Barn I needed thinking time, so I whipped through a couple of customer quilts. 

Beautiful baby quilt, coming off the frame.
I was able to relax and picture ideas for the Buggy Barn in my mind's eye as I worked.


Fabulous fall flannel
Plus, it's always a pleasure to help others finish their labours of love!


The Show!

October will be a busy month, but there's always time to go to a quilt show - even one that's a two hour drive away! 

The show offered a wonderful mix of styles and sizes. Something for everyone!



"Shelter in the Storm", pieced by Sheila Elliot, and quilted by Roma Kosyk
"Shelter in the Storm" practically glowed, and I thought the quilting enhanced the design beautifully.

"Hexagon Shuffle", made by Lee Johnson (a Moda Bake Shop pattern)


"Spooky Spiders", designed and constructed by Alice Lorenz


"September Song", made by Marg Johns (begun in a workshop with Liz Faminoff)


"Tangled Threads Exchange Quilt", constructed by Tanya Ironside, quilted by Posh Threads
Wrapping up the day with a stop at the quilt shop was an added bonus. With a bit of help, my niece chose some supplies to start a quilt...a joint project! 

Haley will prepare the applique, and then I'll piece the quilt and finish things up. She loves doing artsy things, but doesn't quilt, so this seems like a logical arrangement. Especially since we will be working long distance.

Linking up with:

A Lovely Year of Finishes, at BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts
Show off Saturday, at Sew Can She

Try, Learn, Grow!
Carole
Comments are welcome and will be answered by email where possible. Thanks for looking around!

Comments

  1. The swirly vine on Buggy Barn looks fantastic, and the fall flannel quilt looks so warm and snuggly! I really look forward to how you finish up your guild challenge quilt this month. The quilt show photos are very nice - I especially like seeing how many were there and hanging in your distance photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aralee was really pleased with her quilts, and I LOVE the swirl in the border of the Festival quilt, cannot wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goal! It is looking great already and I can't wait to see your quilting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your quilting. The vine looks great and I look forward to seeing what else you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've certainly got lots of projects going on - looking forward to seeing that stacked rocks quilt on your wall! And I love the quilt show quilts, too - isn't it amazing what can be done with fabric once we cut it all up and put it back together again?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.