Many different hands made these blocks, so naturally they vary in size. My first step has been to add fabric and square them up to make them all the same size.
The center blocks feature quite a bit of black, so I've framed them with a herringbone print to lighten things up. The next round has been framed in black (Ha! I know...but it's the only thing I have that works!), and I've used herringbone again for the final round of blocks (not shown).
I plowed through a pile of framing and squaring on Saturday, chain piecing to speed things up. Twenty four blocks need their fourth side added, and then I'll be ready to put the top together. I'll figure out borders when I get that far...have to balance all that black!
This week I tried out one of my new pantographs, and I love it! This is K's first quilt, and I think it turned out beautifully. The shots of orange make it sing!
I also quilted another 3 meters of seasonal fabrics to make into 9 more table runners, but they have yet to be cut and bound. I'm inching toward meeting my goal of completing 18 runners for charity. (Six are already done and gone. Honestly, I might decide that 15 are enough.)
|One of the quilted fabrics that will be made into runners.|
On the frame today is a Buggy Barn butterfly quilt. Deep, whimsical feathers in the outside border will tie in with the filler planned for the butterflies. Loops in the purple border are a nod to the way butterflies flit in their dizzying dance. Grass and leaves add interest to the green border without being overpowering. Sometimes it's good to have a bit of breathing room.
Reassessing goals and allowing breathing space for myself is also a good thing. Extra time with a project is okay. Cutting back production is okay, too.
Linking up with:
A Lovely Year of Finishes, at Sew Bittersweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts
Fresh Sewing Day, at Lily's Quilts
Anything Goes Mondays, at Stitch by Stitch
Try, Learn, Grow!
Comments are welcome and will be answered by email where possible. Thanks for looking around!