Saturday, 16 January 2016

It's a beautiful thing!

Texture shot!

Texture love!
FreshofftheFrame.com

Finished quilt
The quilt is wider than the board so the edges look a bit wonky, but it is nice and square. I did a wee bit of spritzing and blocking overnight so it lays perfectly flat, too.

Client quilt, ready to go home
FreshofftheFrame.com

Before shot - I love seeing the difference quilting makes!

"Before"
FreshofftheFrame.com

Even though it is quilted quite densely, the quilt feels soft and cozy. I happen to know it will be given to a fella who has been a "snow fairy" for my client, clearing her driveway all winter long. I think he will appreciate a warm quilt when he isn't outside shoveling!

FreshofftheFrame.com
I love helping people finish their special quilts. It's a beautiful thing!


Linking up with:
Show off Saturday, at Sew Can She


Try, Learn, & Grow!
Carole
P.S. I am on Instagram under my blog name, FreshofftheFrame

11 comments:

  1. Nice quilt and love all the different textures you quilted on the buildings Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful texture from beautiful quilting. Love the before and after comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the quilt plays with light and dark tones to depict the different times of day! Great texture quilting adds to its beauty. A great gift indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt exemplifies how texture can bring it to life. Another beauty Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Fabulously done!! Your quilting really brought it to life. I imagine your client, and the recipient, are quite pleased with it :-) Did she use a pattern? I think that this would be the one, if I were ever to make a quilt for my middle brother...
    Hope you have a restful day ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work! Your quilting adds so much to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a great quilt! I love the quilting you did Carole and how each building is different! Your client did a super nice thing for her Snow Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful! The quilting adds such a nice texture. I'm sure the Snow Fairy liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.