A Few Finishes and a Beginning

Before and After
Or, rather, After and Before!

Client quilt, "After"
FreshofftheFrame.com

Client quilt, "Before"
FreshofftheFrame.com
I took inspiration from Krista Withers' work for this piece. She is known for her beautiful, modern wholecloth quilts. 


Now, I realize this is not a wholecloth quilt, but I could see potential for using some fun designs, starting with the moon.

Client quilt, in progress
FreshofftheFrame.com
Lines in the background helped pop the applique forward, but the quilting looked pretty boring at this point (below). Too safe.

Client quilt, in progress
FreshofftheFrame.com

Whimsical border quilting to the rescue!

Used a bit of chalk to remind me of my plan
FreshofftheFrame.com

 Much livelier!

Client quilt, Fresh off the Frame!
FreshofftheFrame.com

My client loves "whimsical and artsy", so I think this will be right up her alley!

Fresh off the Frame

Client quilt
FreshofftheFrame.com



Client quilt
FreshofftheFrame.com

Client quilt
FreshofftheFrame.com


A Beginning


There should be a hole in the ground this week!

We love our current home, but we are looking to reconfigure and get things on one level. It's not important now, but it will be as we age. Might as well do this while we are still fit and able!

Studio access will be easier for clients, too.

Try, Learn, & Grow!
Carole

Comments

  1. YAY!!! (That sign looks so official! :-) A hole in the ground this week? You are movin! You will very likely be in your new space before we are in ours. Can't wait to see all the pictures (that said, I realize that it's really hard to keep up with life, work, and building a house. Add documenting the process, and sometimes it's just too much. So - no pressure :-)

    The quilts are all great ~ but of course my favorite is the first one. You added so much with your quilting! I'm assuming you did lots of 'traveling' on that, and not a kazillion starts and stops?? When you have starts and stops - do you just secure them with tiny stitches or knot and bury? Or something else entirely? I traveled when I could, when quilting my church recently, but I had a ton of starts and stops and the resulting knotting and burying took about 3 hrs. (I also had a ton of mysterious black powdery stuff fall on my church from my machine at random times (?!) ugh! REALLY hoping that comes out in the wash. When I scrubbed at it - I scrubbed the glitter right off my fabric)
    Happy building ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be moving forward with new construction plans. I hope it isn't too disruptive during the process. You have been really productive and the quilting looks sublime as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the difference quilting makes. That border design is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you take a fabulous quilt and take it up a notch or ten. Wow....big changes ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Moon quilt, your quilting made it come to life!

    How exciting, a new chapter coming into place with a new home! Enjoy and don't stress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the quilting is terrific Carole, but that moon quilt... WOW! it's completely amazing!
    That's interesting that people can appeal building sites in Peace River. You are smart to get in a more adaptable home while you're able. We plan to do the same thing. Just even so my husband has more free time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely texture! Your work is fab as per usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your quilting! And how exciting about building a new home. When we moved three years ago, it was to a house with only one level. Thinking ahead, because arthritis seems to get the best of me sometimes. Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very exciting news, is it close by? And amazing quilting, on that first one in particular, I love the switch from horizontal to vertical lines, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilting really made that quilt come alive. It's gorgeous! Good luck with the house. What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you quilted the art piece. Your quilting made it come alive!! Enjoy your new home. I have been watching your pictures as you built and also of your move.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.