The Zen of Moving, and Other Stories

UFO Rescue Mission!
I had nothing - NOTHING - to take for my Guild's Sewing Saturday last weekend. (Really!)

Honestly, my choices were limited by self imposed restrictions.
  • Some projects are awkward to cart around (so...no),
  • I refuse to drag too much *stuff* with me, and
  • I never take something that requires too much concentration, 'cause a girl's gotta be able to socialize!
Of course I decided to pack at midnight the night before, so I turned to my UFO pile in desperation.
Found a little gem I'd forgotten about!


"Sunshine and Vines" challenge UFO
FreshofftheFrame.com
It started life as a challenge project in 2013, but was abandoned - with only fleeting regret - when my husband booked an unexpected holiday to Mexico! (Our second, ever, holiday without our kids - See ya, deadline!)

I was so close to the finish line - the thing was already sandwiched and ready to quilt. Perfect for a Sewing Saturday project! All I needed to pack were my machine and some black thread!

I didn't quite finish on Saturday, but it's close. I'll keep you posted! :-)

Fresh off the Frame
I sooo love "frame shots" of quilts in progress. A person can really see the quilting when the light is right!
Petal Pushers panto in progress
FreshofftheFrame.com
It was a gloomy, rainy week, but this cheery client quilt certainly brightened things up!

Client quilt
FreshofftheFrame.com

My next client chose a warm, earthy palette - and it is gorgeous. The black lends a sophisticated touch, and effectively highlights the showy print featured in the quilt.

Client quilt
FreshofftheFrame.com

Piecing on the back also shows off that beautiful print.

Quilt back
FreshofftheFrame.com

A passing illness derailed my quilting plans for a few days, but I'm feeling better this week. Onward and upward!

House Update
Here's a peek into my studio through the door that separates it from the rest of the house. Oh, my gosh! I was so scared of the colour, but I *LOVE* it!!!

New studio colour!
FreshofftheFrame.com

It's all about paint, plumbing, and light fixtures at the moment. (We now have working sinks and toilets - so exciting!)

Front entry fixture, newly installed!
FreshofftheFrame.com

'Scuse the mess! Counters and flooring are still covered for protection, and there are details that still need finishing, but it's starting to come together!  (Yep, the fireplace wall is purple!!!)

Kitchen pendants, also newly installed!
FreshofftheFrame.com

Things are happening outside, too.

Hardie board going up!
FreshofftheFrame.com

I'm still not packing, but I'm not worried.
Things will unfold as they should, when they should.

In the meantime, I'll continue quilting until it's time to move. And then I will move. ;-)
(To everything - turn, turn, turn...)


Try, Learn, & Grow!
Carole

Comments

  1. Your home is really coming along, love the wall colors1 I don't have one white wall in my house, all of them are neutral tones with pops of color on accent walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. clap, clap, Clap, Clap, CLAP!!The quilts are great - but - the HOUSE!!! The fireplace wall is absolutely stunning (and that view from your kitchen - I die) The pendants are perfect! (I can't wait to see the doorstops ;-) (where is the sink in relation to the stove?) You have done a most excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a season, turn, turn, turn.... ahh, what a great song! It sounds like you found the perfect project to take on retreat. I am glad the illness passed by quickly and I am sure you will know when it is time to pause, pack, and move. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those deep, dark accent walls in your new house! So sophisticated. And I'm looking forward to seeing more of your UFO and how you quilted it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those wall colors reflect your personality - lighthearted and fun! I love them! I love to see 'frame shots' too, and since my machine was delivered today hopefully I'll be posting some of my own soon. :) The house looks absolutely beautiful; those fixtures are amazing. Progress is being made! (Sigh...now I have a song worm in my head....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is coming along - almost there! How exciting! Quilt up a storm until it's time to make your move. Good attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilts are all beautiful but I your home stole the show on this post. Loving the lights and that kitchen.....it was a chin hit the keyboard kind of moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.