To Deep Water and New Adventures!

Up until now, I've managed to quilt calmly instead of worrying about our impending move - but today I finished the last stitches before we go. And now . . .

. . . It's officially Time to Freak Out! (So much for being Zen! ha!)

The push is on to complete the exterior - we are still waiting for our stone to arrive, but there are other things to do.
FreshofftheFrame.com
It's down to the wire now.

My list for this week includes finding bathroom mirrors and hardware (like TP holders and towel rods), configuring storage in the closets, planning window coverings, and cleaning the dirt, dust and fingerprints from every surface in the new place.

Just need heat registers and some (blinds? drapes?)
FreshofftheFrame.com

OH, and gardening. There is a pressing need to tidy our current garden - the darn weeds wait for no one.

Add in a trip to Edmonton to help judge the Festival of Quilts and you can see I've jumped in the deep end again. (Glub, glub! Why must everything happen at once?)

Bonus room over the garage = future bunk room for visiting grandkids!
FreshofftheFrame.com

For my own sanity, I've decided there will be No Packing until after my Edmonton trip.
(Unless I pack my studio? Surely I could sneak that in! Ha!)

Studio-to-be!
FreshofftheFrame.com

Fresh off the Frame
It's rather happy/sad that these are the last quilts I'll ever do in my current studio.

Modern Twist panto on a "jelly roll race"
FreshofftheFrame.com
I'm looking forward to my new space, but it will be hard to say goodbye to this one - I've loved it so.

(Here is a 2014 post introducing my space  - it has remained much the same, except that my missing Gnome reappeared about a year ago! A happy ending to the mystery of his disappearance!)

Tweet Tweet panto
FreshofftheFrame.com
My new studio will be easier for clients to access, and all of my sewing tools and equipment will be in the same place - what a treat that will be!

Birds repeat up and down the border - a pretty view!
FreshofftheFrame.com
Except, I will have a "cutting room" in the basement, with tables always ready for trimming quilts.
That will be handy, too!

Kandinsky panto on a baby quilt that looks like modern art!
FreshofftheFrame.com
I have no idea where I'll take quilt-y photos, but I'll figure something out.

A Little Bit This panto
FreshofftheFrame.com

And this is it. The last quilt from the Gnome House.

FreshofftheFrame.com

It will be an emotional goodbye when we lock up for the last time. Not only are we leaving the home in which we raised our children, we are leaving the trees we planted over the years.

Maybe it's crazy to miss trees, but they illustrate the story of our lives. Old friends planted at key times - like the blue spruce that is the same age as our granddaughter, and the crabapple that was the first living thing on a bare plot of land. I will miss our beautiful trees.

Our 20 year old crabapple tree bloomed like crazy this year! It was the first thing we planted on this property.
FreshofftheFrame.com
We built this place with love and sweat, and I'll probably shed a few tears when we go, but a new adventure awaits!

Exciting and new!
FreshofftheFrame.com

And, there will be plenty of love (and sweat equity!) in the new place, too.

And, eventually, plenty of trees.

Try, Learn, & Grow!
Carole

Comments

  1. Your new place looks fabulous, be sure to allow yourself some breathing time when you get in it to play and organize, and just have fun arranging your new space. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this momentous step and good luck balancing all the to-dos over the next little bit. It certainly sounds like you have more than one door opening as you are preparing to close the door to this home for the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs sleep? You can just keep going 24/7, and before you know, you'll be all moved in! (Just kidding....) Very exciting to being so close to your finish, and a new beginning! Enjoy the process, and have fun judging that show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carole, this post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy your new house is ready for you to move in and make new memories. But I can feel how emotional you are to leave your current home. We've lived in our home for 34 years, so I understand what you mean about all the memories. New adventures await for you though, so have fun in that fantastic new studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the final stages of the build and move. New horizons are always a bit scary but hopefully it will feel like home very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twenty years in one place! It will be tough to leave, but so exciting to start anew! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to believe you're almost in the new house. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.