What's Up, Buttercup?

Want to see what I've been up to?
Me too!
I mean, I remember, but without photos would I really know where my time has gone?
(Hint, I barely remember what I had for breakfast today. Feel free to extrapolate!)

This Gypsy Wife waited a lonnnng time for its turn on the frame. My client said, "no rush", and I had deadline after deadline, so it waited. I did a little extra stitching as a thank you for her immense patience.

FreshofftheFrame.com

I've spent more time than usual with my sweet grandchildren since my son-in-law had an accident in November that changed the normal rhythm of life.

Though somewhat stressful (as we worried about surgeries and prognosis), this time together deepened our already special connection. (P.S. Recovery has been on track, and we are thankful that Chad's getting back on his feet - literally. Out of the wheelchair.)

FreshofftheFrame.com

Both of the "big" kids made quilts to enter in the CQA/ACC youth challenge.
(Voting closes June 7th - please click on the link and choose your favourites!)

FreshofftheFrame.com

The "little guy" and I spent a lot of time outside while the older two were in school. I love this photo of him, intent on using that huge hammer!

FreshofftheFrame.com

Despite wearing my "Granny" hat more than usual, I managed to work through a few client quilts. Here are some, Fresh off the Frame

A bit of custom work:

Special touches bring this panel to life.

FreshofftheFrame.com

A fun finish for its garden-loving owner!

FreshofftheFrame.com


Before and after (sort of). I'd already started some outlining before I took the "before" shot. oops!

"Before"
FreshofftheFrame.com


"After"
FreshofftheFrame.com

Next, finished colouring pages were scanned, printed, and made into a quilt for the person who coloured them - cool idea, hey?

FreshofftheFrame.com

Minimal quilting was requested, so each print was ditched and framed very simply with stitch. A few loopy designs added charm to the sashing and borders.

FreshofftheFrame.com

A bit of panto work:

FreshofftheFrame.com


FreshofftheFrame.com


On the trimming table - no photo on the guest bed because it was occupied!
FreshofftheFrame.com

FreshofftheFrame.com

Along with my friend and co-judge, Elinor Burwash, I wore my judging hat at the Central Alberta Quilt Show. This quilt by Terry Rowland won Best of Show.

Please click on this link to see the rest of the 2019 winners!

Best of Show
photo by FreshofftheFrame.com


Other projects

I've finally finished piecing my third batch of Hug blocks into another quilt top for Quilts of Valour - yay!!! (please click on the link if you'd like to learn more about Hug blocks.) Eventually I'll have a finished quilt to send. But not this month.

FreshofftheFrame.com

Our guild gathered bowtie blocks throughout the year, and ten of us pieced ten charity tops at a Saturday work bee. These are the blocks I worked with. (I don't know who pieced them.)

FreshofftheFrame.com

The quilt top looks great now that it's pieced, but I forgot to take a picture.

This gorgeous fur coat has become pillows and a teddy bear for a family, in memory of a loved one.

FreshofftheFrame.com


FreshofftheFrame.com


FreshofftheFrame.com


I'll save the finished projects until I have completed everything (there's a second coat) and had a chance to show my client.

There's been plenty of shoveling around here this spring. I decided to use water troughs as raised garden beds (x5), and my handy husband also made a couple of similar sized - but dressier for the front yard - planters.

FreshofftheFrame.com



FreshofftheFrame.com

And - of course - I planted a few more trees and shrubs (can you ever have too many??), and worked on a perennial bed that looks a little sad at the moment. I spent two days sifting through the dirt to remove hundreds of clover seedlings (and other weeds) before I could plant anything. I believe they came with the soil. I have faith this will look like a million bucks when it fills in a bit!

FreshofftheFrame.com

I could go on . . .

Part of our tie-dye extravaganza!
FreshofftheFrame.com

and on . . .


FreshofftheFrame.com

and on!

"Come-on-Granny!"
FreshofftheFrame.com

. . . but instead will wish you a beautiful week full of your very own happy adventures!

Linking up with:
Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt


Try, Learn, & Grow!
Carole

Comments

  1. When you catch up you really catch up. What a ton of activities and I am so glad to hear Chad is doing well.That must have been very distressing for the kids. You do lovely work and I have to say "Gypsy Wife" is a stunner whoever made it!! Good be be in the loop with all your doings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many things going on. Such pretty stuff. Thanks for catching us up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that Chad's recovery is moving along. I'm sure your grandkids are making cherished memories with you! Lots of gorgeous client pieces on your frame, too. I really peered at the panel with the birdhouses to see how your quilting really enhanced it. I stitch a lot of panels and often get "brain freeze" about how to quilt them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a wonder woman! You are so creative and energetic besides... I get a lot of inspiration from just your photos Carole - Thanks!
    I'd like to know where to take coloured pages for putting on fabric. I have a digital copy of a scrapbook page that I'd like reproduced. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.