In a Nut Shell

Look what hung in the Quilts of Valour booth in Edmonton at Creativ Festival!
(Thank you, Carol, for binding the thing!)

Pictured are Todd (Edmonton QofV Rep) and Trish (Todd's spouse). Shared with their permission.
FreshofftheFrame.com

The booth had seemed finished when I dropped quilts in the morning. Spotting my work on the wall that afternoon absolutely made my day!

Creativ Festival is a shopping extravaganza for quilters, and I was on the hunt for border options for the baby quilt I'm making. Out of the ten fabrics I bought, this cinnamon coloured linen is the winner:

FreshofftheFrame.com


Quilty activities this week have included: 
  • giving a presentation at Creativ Festival on entering a quilt in a juried show
  • agreeing to be the jury coordinator for the 2020 CQA National Juried Show
  • quilt-y photo shoot with a friend who intends to enter the National Juried Show
  • teaching a Violet Craft "abstractions" paper piecing class in High Prairie (great fun!)
  • first guild meeting of the year (yay!)
  • coaching four more guild mates on the longarm = four more charity quilts ready to bind!

Aralee's turn at the frame for charity!
FreshofftheFrame.com

Non-quilty things included 
  • time with our littlest grandson. (we love him so much!)
Our littlest guy is now old enough to play on his own while I load a quilt. He's growing up so fast!
FreshofftheFrame.com
  • lending a hand at the bowling alley - our daughter's newest venture, which she and Chad are doing on a shoestring. (My husband, Chuck, and I offer free labour that's always welcome!)
  • watering flowers, aka, flower therapy.
Flowering garlic chives
FreshofftheFrame.com


Love the texture of this fuzzy leafed show stopper!
FreshofftheFrame.com

That's my crazy life, in a nut shell!

Until next time, 

Try, Learn, & Grow!
Carole

P.S. I'm also on Instagram under my blog name, freshofftheframe, where life and quilting mix.

Comments

  1. Another busy post. You are like the energizer bunny.Wish I was closer so we could play!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to have your quilt displayed at the QOV booth! You are busy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great feeling to see you quilt on display! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 2 on your To-Do List seems like a biggie! Congrats on seeing your quilt hanging. And babysitting? Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks magnificent hanging in the booth. Seems you’re keeping busy! I quite love the baby quilt your getting ready to border! Good luck to your daughter and SILs new venture! I’d babysit that sweet boy any day of the week. You’re so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.