(Thank you, Carol, for binding the thing!)
|Pictured are Todd (Edmonton QofV Rep) and Trish (Todd's spouse). Shared with their permission.|
The booth had seemed finished when I dropped quilts in the morning. Spotting my work on the wall that afternoon absolutely made my day!
Creativ Festival is a shopping extravaganza for quilters, and I was on the hunt for border options for the baby quilt I'm making. Out of the ten fabrics I bought, this cinnamon coloured linen is the winner:
Quilty activities this week have included:
- giving a presentation at Creativ Festival on entering a quilt in a juried show
- agreeing to be the jury coordinator for the 2020 CQA National Juried Show
- quilt-y photo shoot with a friend who intends to enter the National Juried Show
- teaching a Violet Craft "abstractions" paper piecing class in High Prairie (great fun!)
- first guild meeting of the year (yay!)
- coaching four more guild mates on the longarm = four more charity quilts ready to bind!
|Aralee's turn at the frame for charity!|
Non-quilty things included
- time with our littlest grandson. (we love him so much!)
|Our littlest guy is now old enough to play on his own while I load a quilt. He's growing up so fast!|
- lending a hand at the bowling alley - our daughter's newest venture, which she and Chad are doing on a shoestring. (My husband, Chuck, and I offer free labour that's always welcome!)
- watering flowers, aka, flower therapy.
|Flowering garlic chives|
|Love the texture of this fuzzy leafed show stopper!|
That's my crazy life, in a nut shell!
Until next time,
Try, Learn, & Grow!
P.S. I'm also on Instagram under my blog name, freshofftheframe, where life and quilting mix.