Quilting an Elephant

Much as I don't want to admit it, my quilting mojo went missing just before Christmas. 

I was worn out from meeting deadlines and keeping promises. Standing at the frame was the last place I wanted to be over the holidays. 

Three weeks later, a closet full of client quilts has finally kicked me into gear. 

This Elephant Abstractions quilt was at the front of the queue, and am I ever glad!

Elephant Abstractions, a client quilt
FreshofftheFrame.com

I'm so pleased with how this turned out, and am suddenly feeling excited about quilting again!

Here's a "before" shot of the top being loaded on the frame.

Before quilting
FreshofftheFrame.com

And here are some fun "after" shots:

Even though I used whimsical quilting motifs throughout, I tried to create natural looking wrinkles around the eyes. I wanted this guy to look sweet and wise, not crazy or angry!

Similar view, after quilting
FreshofftheFrame.com

Gratuitous quilting close up! ha!

FreshofftheFrame.com

Here's a shot to show the scale of this giant beastie. (Pardon my "winter in Alberta" dry skin.)

This critter is huge!
FreshofftheFrame.com

Trying to catch the light with a sideways shot - those toenails crack me up!

FreshofftheFrame.com

When I flipped the quilt over, I saw THIS . . . 😍      (MOJO, FOUND!!!)

😍😍😍
FreshofftheFrame.com


FreshofftheFrame.com

I'm so happy to have my quilting mojo back!

Linking up with:

Whoop Whoop Friday @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict

Try, Learn & Grow!
Carole

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, the front is spectacular and the texture you created is wonderful but the back absolutely took my breath away! I'm glad your sewjo is back and I hope you continue to have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt and it looks as good from the reverse as from the front. Yeah Mojo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on an amazing quilt!!! I love how, instead of being worried by it, it put your mojo in gear! And I love how the backing shows the detailed quilting picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for finding your mojo! It's an awful feeling when it goes on hiatus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful quilt. Your quilting really brings it to life, but I was not prepared for the incredible view of the back. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would have guessed that 'mojo' was an elephant! I love your quilting - fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular quilting and your designs flow nicely for your Elephant. Your post reminds me of the Elephant sculptor story shared at BMCM dot org and allowing the process to surface and shine. Nicely done Carole!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.