Friday Finish!

Well, a finish for me, anyway! My client still needs to add binding, but this baby is as good as done!

FreshofftheFrame.com

This went straight out the door so I didn't have much time for pictures, so please forgive their hasty nature. 

Here is what the top looked like before quilting:

FreshofftheFrame.com

I just couldn't bring myself to do "typical" water quilting, so decided the turtles should be swimming in seaweed instead!

Here are a few detail shots:

FreshofftheFrame.com


FreshofftheFrame.com


FreshofftheFrame.com




FreshofftheFrame.com

I decided the borders needed seaweed, too. There are two fronds, and both start in the bottom left corner, and meet in the top right, curving around the other corners as feathers would.

FreshofftheFrame.com

The back looks pretty cool, too!

FreshofftheFrame.com


Spring has sprung in a big way. Our crabapple tree is loaded with blooms, abuzz with bees, and smells like heaven on earth!

FreshofftheFrame.com

This weekend I hope to plant my little veggie patch and finish cleaning up my flowerbeds. I threw some potatoes in the ground last week sometime. I wonder how long it will take for them to sprout? It is supposed to reach 28 degrees Celsius tomorrow! Better break out the sunscreen so I don't fry.

Linking up with a number of parties this week. Please check out my sidebar to see where the fun is today!

Try, Learn, Grow!
Carole
P.S. I love hearing from you, so don't be shy. Please say hello!

Comments

  1. Wow! This is amazing! I love the way the turtles just come to life once you quilted down all the background. I also love how you quilted the two feathers side by side in the corner before they split to travel along each border. I'm so glad you thought to photo and show the top before you quilted it. You really made this live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. First thing I though of was seaweed, even before I got to your comment. That is fantastic. They're going to love how the quilting came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the seaweed, great idea! Those turtles were cute before, but now they're alive and cute. Good luck with that gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I thought:" Oh how awesome she did seaweed;!!" as soon as I saw the first picture!!!" I LOVE IT it so much I bookmarked your page!! LOL!!! I'll definietely have to add "turtles" to our Tuesday Archives themes. PS: I've limited my gardens to roses since I started quilting....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job as always. I knew who that belonged to as soon as I saw the first picture. I bet she is just thrilled with the results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you went with the seaweed, why be predictable? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love this! Your quilting is so amazing. (I love the "honu" turtle design, too - reminds me of Hawaii!) Lovely work and thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love the quilting - it really makes the quilt pop. Fun, fun all around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I look at the top before quilting I really focus on the watery background fabric. After quilting, I see those cute turtles! I love how they pop out, and the back looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The 'seaweed' looks wonderful. It is always fun to see how a quilt looks before and after quilting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those turtles are precious! They really pop with your quilting. At first I thought you'd added trapunto work but I didn't see that in the description. (I was giving more time to the eye candy in the quilting.) Yes, seaweed was definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilting really brought this to life. I love all the quilted seaweed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. What everyone else said!! WOW! Those beautiful turtles are just jumping right out of all of that seaweed! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW..I love the quilt..and the quilting is awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome finish! the back view of the quilting is stunning. I hope your client is super happy with how it turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh Carole, 3D turtles swimming through gently swaying seaweed - you have brought them to life! Your client is going to have to feed them.

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks.

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  17. The quilting is what made this quilt!! It's amazing now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilting is fabulous! It adds so much to the quilt. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What kind of batting did you use? The results are phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, I don't have an email address for you - hopefully you will check back here someday and see this! I used a layer of bamboo or cotton (can't remember now) with a layer of wool batting on top. It is the loft of the wool that makes this look so great!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.