Instead, I headed to the city to care for my son, Derrick, after he was sedated for some dental work.
|Out for a meal together when I arrived in the city...food's coming!|
We also discovered that he needed another immunization prior to leaving, so he ended up with a sore jaw and a sore arm!
Why South Korea? To visit his girlfriend, of course!
Since August, Brynne has been teaching English in Korea. Before she left, I'd made them coordinating minky pillowcases to cuddle.
Brynne had spent the summer with us prior to leaving for Korea. This was her first visit to Canada from the States, so a few local adventures were in order!
|First ferry ride, ever!|
A floating platform maneuvered by a tug is a lovely way to cross the Peace River on a sunny day.
|Camping in the rain - and still smiling!|
|Feeding time at Pipestone Creek!|
|From prey to predator - BEHIND YOU, DERRICK!!!|
|Ice cream cones at Dunvegan Gardens.|
Three months will fly by for those two...they have such fun together!
My May Goals:
1. Finish the Day and Night table runner currently on the frame: this is my ONE goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes.
|Not much to see yet...just a bunch of ditching.|
2. Do something with at least one of these shaving cream prints:
3. Decide which Library Project to tackle next, and get started!
I've already knocked off numbers three and 4, so have two choices left.
...AND, I'll keep dragging this one back onto the list until it's finished:4. Dill piece.
Trouble is, there is an unspoken list in my head, too. The dill piece tends to get bumped every time I turn around!
I may take a few of these detours:
- start my Guild challenge - a River Project
- modern scrappy slabs - make more! (see some in this post) I'd like to put a top together and then practice doing an all-over feather motif when I quilt it.
- scrappy bee blocks a la Jan-Michael - make more! (like this)
- reorganize my wet room!!! This has been in my head since January. Maybe it's time!
- Spring is trying to arrive, which means I need to be outside cleaning and preparing to plant my garden, too. Our growing season is so short, it is a crime to ignore it!
- quilt my Kool Kaleidoscope project
Oh, how I wish there were two of me!!
Linking up with:
A Lovely Year of Finishes, at Bittersweet Designs & Fiber of All Sorts
Anything Goes Mondays, (at Bobbins & Bullets this week - the link will take you)
Show and Tell Tuesday, at i have to say
Linky Tuesday, at Freemotion by the River
Try, Learn, Grow!
Comments are welcome. Thanks so much for looking around!