2014 "New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop" Starts NOW!

When I was brand new to blogging (like, a minute ago), I had nooo idea what I was doing. One of my sons got me started with Blogger. I guess he thought it would be user friendly, sparing him from constant tech duties.

Ha! HahahahaHahahaaaa!!!! *wiping tears of mirth*

Good thing I have two tech savvy sons! When one is unavailable, the other can usually help.

See my first real post here

The two of them showed me how to post, add buttons, & do some basic (and I mean BASIC) coding. 

After that, I thought I should give them a break and learn a few things on my own.

Luckily, I ran across a blog button that caught my eye. Beth from Plum and June had hosted a New Quilt Blogger Blog Hop in 2012 & 2013, and had gathered ADVICE FOR NEW BLOGGERS!!! Yay!!!

Click HERE
After realizing that I'd stumbled on a gold mine, I immediately signed up to follow Beth's blog.

When Beth put out a call for her 2014 blog hop,  I swallowed the butterflies in my stomach and put my name forward. I'm so glad I ignored my fears and jumped in!

My granddaughter catches some air

Sometimes the best things happen when you leap. I have learned a TON of useful information from this amazing group of bloggers.

Today is the first day of the 2014 hop!

Please hop along with us! You will meet many interesting people, find some awesome new blogs to follow, and glean some quilting and blogging tips along the way. 

I know I saw a tutorial for embedding these dang buttons, but for now,
please click HERE

The response to the hop was huge, so Beth has divided us into groups and assigned dates. Each group has been subdivided into two "subgroups". The hop is designed to allow you to zigzag between the subgroups each week, eventually visiting everyone. It's easy as pie...just click on the links we provide for you!

Hop dates:

TODAY (June 4) Get thee over to Plum and June and start hoppin!
June 11 This will be my day to post as part of the hop! Whoo hoo!!! 
July 9
July 16

Oh, hey...if you'd like answers about my quilts, quilting process, blogging, or (gulp) me, now would be a great time to ask! My post for the hop will be an introduction, of sorts, and your questions could guide the direction of that conversation. :-)

Lilac blossom (and friend)
Lilacs are blooming in my garden, and they smell heavenly!

Now to beautify my blog in preparation for next week - eek! 

Linking up with:
Show and Tell Tuesday, at i have to say 
Linky Tuesday, at Freemotion by the River
Let's Bee Social, at Sew Fresh Quilts

Try, Learn, Grow!
Carole

Comments are welcome, and will be answered by email where possible. Thanks for looking around!

Comments

  1. So fun! I was part of the hop last year and learned so much! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to learn more about you next week. I bet your sons are proud that you're joining a blog hop. Their tech work is being put to good use :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shot of your granddaughter and look forward to reading your post next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little quilt with the flower. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to learning more about you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Carole! Can you feel the excitement in the air? :) Can't wait to see your post next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great to hear about how you got started blogging, Carole! Look forward to your day on the hop! So glad to know you and eager to learn more about YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you took the leap. You have A LOT to offer. I'll be looking forward to your post on the 11th. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your free motion quilting on the daisy is wonderful and I look forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.