Muzzy Me!

My frame ate my yardstick!

Oops!
FreshofftheFrame.com

I often use it to support one set of straps for my side clamps.
Well, this is what happens when you forget to remove it before rolling the quilt!

The yardstick is steel, so you can imagine the force this took.
It was a good reminder to quilt only when rested and alert.

Fortunately, no quilts were harmed due to my muzzy brain!
I had spent a bleary weekend on the couch with a head cold . . . probably should have stayed there a little longer. ;)

Fresh off the Frame
Despite my lack of energy this week, I've managed to finish three client quilts (start a quilting project with my grandchildren, help my daughter with some painting, and tick a few "house building" tasks off my list . . . but I digress.)

I'm not exactly sure which way is "up" with this beautiful quilt.
I've chosen this orientation for the photo, but it could easily go the other way.
Client quilt
FreshofftheFrame.com

The back shows the texture beautifully.
"Popcorn" pantograph
FreshofftheFrame.com


Next up were two (almost) identical quilts, done with two different pantographs.

"Quilt One" features the "Halcyon" design . . .
First of two similar client quilts
FreshofftheFrame.com

"Halcyon" pantograph
FreshofftheFrame.com


. . . while "Quilt Two" features "Pieces of My Heart".
Second of two similar client quilts
FreshofftheFrame.com

"Pieces of My Heart" pantograph
FreshofftheFrame.com

Cool, huh?
Both designs work equally well.
It just goes to show - there is no "wrong" choice. If you like something, go for it!

House Update


FreshofftheFrame.com

I think half the house is rafters.
Looking at the plan, it never really occurred to me how high the roof would be. Nor how complicated.
I'm so glad these guys know what they're doing!

FreshofftheFrame.com

Now, If I only knew how to straighten my yardstick . . . ha!


Try, Learn, & Grow!
Carole

Comments

  1. Wonderful as always, I think I need to start using that "Pieces of My Heart" panto eh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about your yardstick, I'm glad nothing else was harmed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! So much going on...and it's all looking great! Congrats on three quilts done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has taken me a great while, but I have learned that if 'anything' seems odd about the quilting process, just stop. Just stop ASAP. I don't know how many times my brain just thought, "Oh, Barb, that weird sound will stop, or you don't need to stop now just because you can hardly push the machine head across the path." Yep, I'm a slow learner and paid for these obstinate mistakes. Not sure what to do about your ruler - looks like it was a nice one. House is looking more and more like a house all the time, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you got a lot done even not being at your best. The quilts look great! And your house is coming along. Boy does it bring back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hope you are feeling all good by now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say you did well with a "muzzy" head. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work , too bad about the yardstick. It must be exciting to watch your home being built .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work , too bad about the yardstick. It must be exciting to watch your home being built .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.